Wednesday, February 1, 2012

House Concerts

HOUSE CONCERTS:
Our generation seems to understand bigger and more flashy is not always better. I'd love a great U2 or Coldplay concert but I also really really love the intimacy and comfort of a house concert. If you haven't heard of it before, house concerts are a great way to hear great music and the stories behind the music with friends and family in your homes. I started hearing about this 2 years ago while I was on tour and we did a few of these and last year I began hosting them once a month. I get about 10 songwriters to play 2 songs each and take time to tell the story behind the songs and a little about themselves. I don't have to worry about renting a space or setting up something elaborate- people sit on the floor- eat snacks- it's really relaxed and fun. Usually it's packed and afterward we have a jam that most of the time breaks out in to dancing, worship and a drum circle! (sorry neighbors) A lot of friendships and creative connections have been made. Try it at your place!


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, there's something really special about hearing music in a small space, and hearing the musician talk about their songs, and its probably not that surprising, but it'd really be great to hear U2 (or Coldplay) play a concert like that.

    ReplyDelete