Thursday, January 26, 2012

Glory Exchange



I know what's good for God isn't what's good for me. For example: chocolate is good for me- I love it and it has antioxidant properties even (thank you Lord!) but if a dog eats it- they may die. 

In the same way Glory is good for God- He can handle it, He was made for it, He knows what to do with it, it won't ruin Him or change His beautiful character and personality. However glory is as poisonous to me as chocolate is to Fido.

This led me to think "Lord I'm in the wrong business!". As a musician I can't deny I want my work to be seen by many, loved by many and admired by many. I do it for God but I also then advertise to people. If I'm doing something good, some sort of Glory will be born (because God is the one who allowed the good to take place at all- He is the author of His own Glory). Now if I take this unto myself, I know it will make me sick. It will ruin my art and arouse jealousy in a jealous God. He knows His Glory is not good for me. 
So I thought of this exchange: if I do my job well, allow God's inspiration to flow through me, it touches hearts and births "Glory" and then instead of trying to take it I turned it back to God in exchange for a "well done" or a "I love you, thank you for being faithful" well then I've won. My reward comes from God and it is good for me.

See God's love and approval are good for me. His love and affection won't spoil me or hurt me the way stealing His Glory will. 

"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father who is in heaven" Matthew 5:16 (Just be sure if any of that Glory gets misplaced on you, you exchange it with Your Heavenly Father's love)

No comments:

Post a Comment