Thursday, January 26, 2012

MAKING MUSIC

PERSPECTIVE ON MAKING MUSIC:
I'm a channel, a vessel. This is my illustration of what's going on when I'm making music:

It comes from my muse, God, flows through me (imperfectly) to others and hopefully back up to God. The more it gets back to God the more I've done my job. I can tell a personal story of heartache and still be in the use of the Holy Spirit and the Muse. The Bible is all "God Breathed and useful..." and most of it is telling stories. Stories that don't always sound "Christian" or clean. The cross doesn't look clean and "safe for the whole family", yet it was the story God needed to tell. 
When you are making art- be sensitive to the muses around you and what they are trying to push through you- it could be God and His spirit and could be something else. Either you see everything spiritually or nothing, so decide now and make that the base of your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment